9.13.2012

Mixing it up: two tone boots

two tone boots

1. Frye //  2. DSW //  3. Hunter


I'm no stranger to mixing black and brown. I will mix neutrals any day of the week: the effect is a refreshing change from all-black or all-brown and, I find, looks quite intentional and classic rather than "got dressed in the dark." And that is key.

 I've done no fall shopping yet, but two tone boots are high on the wish list. And if you haven't made the jump to mixing up your neutrals yet, a pair of rainy-day wellies is a good way to ease in. But beware: it's a slippery slope.

Lastly, the three boots listed here are far above my normal price points for shoes BUT maybe worth it? I splurged on an expensive-for-me pair of tall Steve Madden boots a couple years ago and found that the quality really has surpassed my other cheapy boots. But for now I'll probably pin and save for that magical day when I'm in a full-time position.


1 comment:

  1. i love those bandolinos (#2). alas i already have 2 pairs of boots and can't justify the fall purchase. but you can and should!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...