8.28.2012

What's Making Me Happy: blogging edition

Photobucket

This week, blogging is making me happy! Before starting Lean & Loaf, I chronicled my mundane non-adventures at Sass & Pancakes and wrote about the wedding planning process over at the wonderful WeddingBee as Ms. Potato Chips (where I also met amazing blogger friends).

And then I took a fairly lengthy and necessary blog break—both from reading and from writing. Now that my head is cleared and the itch to write is back, I am back in full-blogging-take-pics-of-meals-annoy-real-life-friends mode. This new blog is sort of an experiment: I wanted to try my hand at "lifestyle" blogging (ideas about food, style, design and inspirational bits and pieces) from the point of view of a broke-joke grad student.


D5C3A1D7-D4A0-4BFC-9149-5E13A7E13E9D-55535-000033CEA3EB2C4B

This return to blogging is really making me happy. I love finding inspiration in the ordinary, thinking through my writing, finding new fonts or layout ideas, learning (slowly) about how to turn my terrible iPhone photos into something pretty, meeting new and old blog friends and readers. It's pretty addicting.

In honor of "WMMH: blogging edition" here's a round-up of blogging resources that have helped this newb:



An A-Z list of blog tools & resources

How to create a collage using Polyvore

Blogging large photos

Creating a blog header

Basic blog design and layout

Blogging 101

Some Thoughts on Blog Design

Blog e-course for Beginners

Making your own graphics

Free fonts

Pic Monkey photo editing

Pixlr photo editing

GIMP photo editing

How to add decorative tape strips to a photo

Free web design tools and artwork

How to remove image shadows in Blogger

 
 If you read, be sure to comment and leave your blog address!

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving your new blog! I'm still blogging sporadically at http://www.deadflowersblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad that you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...