9.06.2012

Writing Spaces with: Dead Flowers



Photobucket
I am absolutely loving getting a peek into writers and bloggers' work spaces! This week the writer behind the awesomely titled Dead Flowers was kind enough to contribute. Holley blogs about everything from linguistics and English usage to street fashion to pregnancy and babies. Read on to see how this busy work-at-home WeddingBee editor stays organized, upcycles tea tins, and gets crafty with an awesome mousepad tutorial.



Here's my desk, which is in my home "office," which is really just a corner of our guest room. I've worked exclusively from home for a little over a year, and I'm finally getting the space just how I like it. The desk and chair are both hand me downs from my mom; the desk comes from Ikea and the chair is a vintage Craigslist find. Right now I'm using a pillow for my back that my mother-in-law made out of my husband's old sports jerseys. I need to get something of my own pretty soon, as he likes to use it to lounge on the floor.

I am pretty fanatical about organizing, so everything really does have its own little place most of the time; I even have a weekly system to keep my desk and marker board organized! This space has to be versatile because I do everything from editing to blogging to paying bills to crafting here. (Not to mention getting lost in those timesucks known as Pinterest and Tumblr.)

Oh, and not to worry. That number on the maker board is just my library card number. ;)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  


Describe your workspace in five words. Compartmentalized, bright, smells like coffee

What do you love about your space? I love making functional things feel fancy, like the way I put office supplies into ceramic bowls and pens/markers into Republic of Tea canisters.

What's your favorite object or tool in this space? My DIY mouse pad. (The tutorial is from How Joyful.) It's far from perfect, as are most of my DIYs, but I love that I made it.

What do you wish you had? A smaller printer! Hate that beast taking up a third of my surface space. Oh, and a desk-size Keurig.

Thanks so much, Holley! A desk-sized Keurig would be so dangerous in my house.


Previous installment of Writing Spaces:
Parker Haus Roles

2 comments:

  1. I love your calendar! It's so pretty. My calendar is one of my favorite things about my office space too — it's covered in vintage and current shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So artsy finding. That's what I'm really missing from my workspace right now. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...