9.18.2012

Writing Spaces with: Katie and Kay



Photobucket
Photobucket



This week we are going international! Katie is a graphic designer who lives in Zürich with her husband: read about their adventures at katieandkay. I love the cozy-minimal aesthetic she's got going on in her writing space. Get ready to see a super-chic, efficient, romantic, and inspiring Swiss attic flat. 




Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Describe your workspace in five words. Cozy, functional, compact, Swiss, Ikea

What do you love about your space? I love how my husband and I fit our desks into the corner nook of our Swiss attic flat. It's the perfect space in a small flat to have desks with lots of ground storage space behind. We have no problem sitting at our desks under the attic ceiling so we can utilize the space better, although my husband does bump his head on the beam over his desk more often than he'd like. I also love that we easily fit an eating area, TV area and office area into one room.

What's your favorite object or tool in this space? Definitely my Wacom cintiq! I splurged on it during university with some leftover grant money and I have loved it ever since. I am never without a Wacom tablet when I design and correct photos, and drawing directly on the screen with the cintiq just spoils me. I use the cintiq as my main screen and play movies and TV on the laptop screen a lot of the time while I blog.

What do you wish you had? I wish I had a Mac Pro with really fast processor... although I really like having the ability to take my laptop to the dining room table, sofa or out on the balcony to work. I'd also love a 30" apple display if apple still made them that large. More screen size is so helpful for designing different documents or even reading two websites at the same time. If you're blogging and trying to code or reference something, it can be so helpful to have more screen space.

I am really digging this space: so practical and organized but still exuding creativity and warmth. Plus all that gorgeous light! Thanks so much for sharing, Katie!


Previous installment of Writing Spaces:

Dead Flowers
Parker Haus Roles

1 comment:

  1. wonderful space. It feels so purposeful and functional. Very desirable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...